Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: summary of five years results

Jovevska, Svetlana and Zdravkovska, Milka and Handziski, Zoran and Lazova, Evgenija and Trajkovska, Irena and Jovevska, Maja (2015) Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: summary of five years results. Wulfenia Journal, 22 (5). pp. 228-237. ISSN 1561-882X

[img]
Preview
Text
LAPAROSCOPIC_CHOLECYSTECTOMY_SUMMARY_OF_FIVE_YEARS_RESULTS.pdf

Download (241Kb) | Preview
Official URL: http://www.multidisciplinarywulfenia.org/archive.p...

Abstract

In the Republic of Macedonia, laparoscopic cholecystectomy has been introduced early. In GOB 8 September, laparoscopic cholecystectomy has been in 1993. During the last decade, from September 2009 to October 2014, 1352 operations were performed. In 49 cases (3,62 %) surgeons decided on conversion procedure. 40 (82 %) of these conversions were so called elective and on the other hand, 9 (18 %) of them were caused by complications. Complications were found in 75 (5,54 %) cases. They have been classified in four groups, and have been analyzed by the period in which they occurred: period A, 274 patients until 2010, period B, 551 patients until 2012, and period C, 527 patients until 2014. There was a significant decrease of complications rate (p<0,001) in the period B, comparing to the period A. Period Band Period C did not differ statistically (p>0,05) in all four groups (kinds) of complications. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy provides many advantages in comparison to other procedures treating cholecystolythiasis, however, it is characterized by some limited possibilities and complications, some of which closely related to the laparoscopic procedure.

Item Type: Article
Subjects: Medical and Health Sciences > Other medical sciences
Divisions: Faculty of Medical Science
Depositing User: Mirjana Kocaleva
Date Deposited: 14 Dec 2015 10:01
Last Modified: 14 Dec 2015 10:01
URI: http://eprints.ugd.edu.mk/id/eprint/14482

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item